For this assignment you will create an historical timeline of the modern environmental movement (within or outside the United States) in order to have an understanding of the history of the movement alongside assessing strengths and limitations of each stage.
The timeline contains at least 10–15 events related to the topic being studied.
The timeline can be organized in the following time periods: 1500–1700, 1700–1900, 1900–1950, 1950–2000, 2000–present.
You will create a timeline that incorporates important early writing, the first conservation groups, disasters, legislation, community and nonprofit activism, and more. Within each time period, you can include the following.
- Facts such as the Wilderness Act passed in 1964
- Laws such as General Mining Act (1872)
- People such as Edward Abbey who wrote Desert Solitaire
- Agencies such as Bureau of Land Management
- Stewardship by agencies and volunteer groups
- Include some images such as “Earthrise,” the photo that propelled the environmental movement and led to Earth Day (When you use an image, you must include a citation and URL for the source of the image.)
As you develop your timeline, assess limitations and strengths of each stage to make meaningful connections with the development of the environmental movement.
Toward the end of your timeline, examine the role of this environmental movement in a rapidly changing world.
Use at least three scholarly sources and remember that you need to cite these sources to give them credit for their information.
For this segment of the course, you will create a timeline—a highly visual, creative, and insightful way to assess the role of this environmental movement in a rapidly changing world.
For this assignment, you may use Microsoft Word or PowerPoint. You must include the following elements.
- 10–15 events
- Clear and specific descriptions of events included
- At least three visual elements
- Three scholarly sources
- APA format
- Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
- (USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
- CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS, GET A NON PLAGIARIZED PAPER FROM OUR EXPERTS