GROUPS AND TEAMS AT WORK
You will continue to use one of the following company duos for this assignment:
- Option 1. Amazon and Zappos
- Option 2. CVS and Walgreens
Review the background material, including the video about Tuckman’s steps for group formation. Begin the assignment by reading the Stretch (2016) reference as well as chapters 9 and 10 in the Organization Behavior textbook found below and on the Background page of this Module.
The focus of this assignment is on group (or team) formation to improve team performance and resolve group conflict. The easiest way to learn about this is to put a group or team together—but you must first decide if you need a group or a team.
MindToolsVideos. (2018, September 19). How to use SWOT analysis [Video]. YouTube. https://www.youtube.com/embed/EJ4uVsSqQ9k. Standard YouTube License.
Research your selected company duo. Select the one company in that duo that you want to conduct a quick SWOT analysis on (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, and Threats). Select one of the identified Weaknesses to develop a group or team that will investigate a possible solution for the weakness.
Your 2-page essay will cover the following topics:
- Did you select to form a group or a team? (Explain the difference between them.)
- What weakness did you select to research and why did you select it?
- What steps will you take to develop the right team to turn this weakness into a strength?
- What will you do if there are conflicts in the group?
The essay assignment calls for a paper that is 2 pages, not counting the cover and reference page.
Organizational behavior. (2017). Minneapolis, MN: University of Minnesota Libraries Publishing Edition. http://open.lib.umn.edu/organizationalbehavior/. CC BY-NC-SA License.
Upload your assignment to the SLP 3 Dropbox. Be sure to review your TurnItIn Originality report. If the score is over 15%, contact your professor. You need to review the report and add any missing citations noted.
Citation and reference style instructions are available at https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/560/10/. Also see Trident University’s Student Guide to Writing a High-Quality Academic Paper.
You will find the following useful as you critique sources:
Cornell University. (2015). Critically analyzing information sources: Critical appraisal and analysis. http://olinuris.library.cornell.edu/ref/research/skill26.htm
Cornell University. (2014). Evaluating Web sites: Criteria and tools. http://olinuris.library.cornell.edu/ref/research/webeval.html
- Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
- (USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
- CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS, GET A NON PLAGIARIZED PAPER FROM OUR EXPERTS