no word limit
We would like to think we are free of prejudices and we do not discriminate against anyone… That is until we get into contact with an unfamiliar culture or with a member of a group we are socialized into be prejudiced.
It is nearly impossible to face our prejudices on our own because we are still using our own biased thoughts when we do that. So in order to offset this, I am providing you with the Bogardus scale to measure your distance to minority groups and the Implicit Association Test (IAT) designed by Harvard University.
- Bogardus Scale: Insert a racial/ethnic/religious minority group in the brackets and try to find your position
- IAT: Follow the link and the instructions and choose Racial IAT (you can try other tests as well)
- After practicing both tasks a few times, take a moment to reflect and share your results with us here
- Try to connect your experience with what you learned this week.
While reflecting, think about the reasons behind your answers. What exactly are you feeling when you evaluate your relationship with these groups? Are you surprised at the results? Do you think you can minimize your prejudice with effort? Or maybe you think your feelings are justified.
Note: This is a safe space to present your opinion, and honesty is encouraged. However, take special care in keeping the discussion civil and educated. It would be interesting to see the name of the minority groups you choose but you don’t have to share. You can anonymously reflect on your experience if you wish.
- Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
- (USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
- CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS, GET A NON PLAGIARIZED PAPER FROM OUR EXPERTS