Start by reading and following these instructions:
1. Quickly skim the questions or assignment below and the assignment rubric to help you focus.
2. Read the required chapter(s) of the textbook and any additional recommended resources. Some answers may require you to do additional research on the Internet or in other reference sources. Choose your sources carefully.
3. Consider the discussions and any insights gained from it.
4. Create your Assignment submission and be sure to cite your sources, use APA style as required, check your spelling.
Assignment: Answer these essay questions:
1. Compare and contrast on-the-job and off-the-job training. Use your own experiences with each to highlight the pros and cons of each. Also include which type of training you prefer, and why, and whether your opinion varies depending on the job for which you are training.
2. Performance evaluations are one of the most dreaded parts of work: both for the manager and the employee. Explain in your own words what a performance evaluation is, what it measures, and whether you think it has any relevance in today’s workplace. Why or why not? Include how much you think “the boss likes you” or “you don’t make waves” or “your coworkers don’t like you” impacts performance evaluations of average employees, either consciously or unconsciously. Also, include your opinion on any performance evaluations you’ve had during your career, and whether they had any impact on your work.
3. You own a company that makes after-market accessories for vehicles. You have 75 employees split into two facilities: one in Denver and one in Baltimore. The facility supervisor in Baltimore has abruptly quit to follow his wife on an overseas government appointment. You hired a former colleague who has everything needed to step in and take over the operation successfully. However, as the only woman at that site, she has been facing serious resistance to change since beginning three weeks ago. List the reasons why you think she is experiencing such resistance to change then explain how you would work to overcome this resistance with the 32 employees in that building.
4. You are the manager of an air traffic control tower that has 55 employees. Air traffic control is one of the most high-stress jobs in the U.S. You have recently been assigned to lead a stress-management task force. Using online research, write up a plan on how you would first identify those under considerable stress, and then work to keep all employee stress levels manageable. Explain whether you would need to adapt your plan for men and women, and for people from different cultures. If so, how?
- Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
- (USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
- CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS, GET A NON PLAGIARIZED PAPER FROM OUR EXPERTS