Using the readings and videos in this unit provided below, please focus your discussion on (1) how you can help adolescents and their caregivers to maintain (or in some cases develop) a supportive and positive relationship and (2) how you can help peers to find deeper and supportive connections with one another. Provide a critical evaluation of concepts discussed and then pose a thought question in which your classmates will respond. Your thought question should not simply elicit a yes/no response, but rather a more detailed response from your peers. To generate a good discussion, your questions should start with the words: ‘what,’ ‘why,’ and ‘how.’
UNIT READINGS1. De Goede, I. H. A., Branje, S. J. T., & Meeus, W. H. J. (2009). Developmental changes in adolescents’ perceptions of relationships with their parents. Journal of Youth and Adolescence, 38, 75–88. https://link.springer.com/content/pdf/10.1007%2Fs10964-008-9286-7.pdf
- In this article, you will learn about adolescents’ experiences with their caregivers, in terms of how the parent-child relationship evolves into an egalitarian union overtime. Gender differences were found.
2. Flouri, E., & Buchanan, A. (2003). The role of father involvement and mother involvement in adolescents’ psychological well-being. British Journal of Social Work, 33, 399−406. Retrieved from JSTOR.
- This article can be accessed through JSTOR which is located in the UoPeople Library. Click on the JSTOR icon and copy and paste the title in the search bar.
- In this article, father and mother involvement during the adolescent years is discussed, as gender plays a role in parenting as youth mature.
3. Juvonen, J., Espiniza, G., & Knifsend, C. (2012). The role of peer relationships in student academic and extracurricular engagement. In S. L. Christenson, A. L. Reschly, & C. Wylie (Eds.), Handbook of research on student engagement (pp. 387-402). Springer. https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Azkananda_Widiasani/publication/310773130_Handbook_of_Student_Engagement/links/5836a0dd08aed45931c772b7/Handbook-of-Student-Engagement.pdf#page=403
- Read pp. 387-402. This article will discuss peer relationships in academic and extracurricular activities.
4. van Polanen, M., Colonnesi, C., Fukkink, R. G., & Tavecchio, L. W. C. (2016). Is caregiver gender important for boys and girls? Gender-specific child–caregiver interactions and attachment relationships. Early Education and Development, 28(5), 559–571. https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/pdf/10.1080/10409289.2016.1258928?needAccess=true
- In this article, you will read about how parent behavior and attachment security play a role in adolescent adjustment.
Optional Videos1. TEDx Talks. (2016, May 5). What adolescents (or teenagers) need to thrive. Charisse Nixon. TEDxPSUErie [Video]. YouTube. https://youtu.be/S05PBOIdSeE
2. TEDx Talks. (2017, July 14). Turning parent-teen stress into parent-teen success. Neil D Brown. Tedxsalinas [Video]. YouTube. https://youtu.be/VzflpW91yMg
- Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
- (USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
- CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS, GET A NON PLAGIARIZED PAPER FROM OUR EXPERTS